Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Remember remember the fifth of November...

I watched V for Vendetta today. Again.

Evey Hammond, played by Natalie Portman, is "captured" by who she believes is the government (really, it's just her friend V pulling some shenanigans on her.) He interrogates her, shaves her head and feeds her oatmeal - or that's what I want to believe that it is. What I can't figure out is why every movie interrogation involves one of three setups. Either a.) they are in a brightly lit room and there are several people standing around or looking in through two-way mirrors, b.) they are in a dark room and there is a spotlight in the actors face, blinding them and causing them to sweat bullets, or c.) there is barely enough light in the room for anything to be detectable, at which point in time everyone (including me the viewer) ends up squinting down to 20-5 vision just to make out the slightest detail.

Ugh! With all the commercial lighting in the world, what's going on in Hollywood? I think if I move out to Cali and become a light consultant for some of these major movie sets I could clean up!

No comments: